Dear Knutsford Squash Club Member
Your annual membership of Knutsford Squash Club is due for renewal on 1st OCTOBER.
This year there is the option to complete your renewal online as well as submitting the application/renewal form.
As you will hopefully become aware there have been a number of exciting changes that have taken place at the Squash club this summer and further changes are in the pipeline. Further information, including the minutes of the AGM are available on the Squash Club website. www.knutsfordsquashclub.org.uk The headlines are as follows:
- A new Squash club Chairman – Malcolm Edwards has stepped down as Chairman. Geoff Dalton has been Voted his successor. We all thank Malcolm for his efforts and guidance throughout his 3 year term. Malcolm will, I am pleased to say, remain involved with the development of the web site and information technology
- New appointments - Various members have accepted roles and responsibilities at the club. They will be pursuing their duties with vigour to help and improve the running of the club.
- Booking system - The Knutsford Squash Club website www.knutsfordsquashclub.org.uk, Booking system and My squash player profile has been enhanced and the club will remain the only club in the area to offer this efficient and convenient service.
- Events - A programme of social events including internal club tournaments and a master class in Racketball is shortly to be announced.
- Coaching - Several members have now achieved their coaching qualifications and our Juniors are benefiting many of whom are representing the club in the North West Squash league.
- Refereeing - A markers and referees course is to be arranged in the New Year
- Construction works undertaken include: - A refurbishment of both courts, new lighting and a full service of the heating.
The annual fees set by the committee at the AGM has remained unchanged. However, of concern and potential threat to the subs having to increase in future is the reduction in the amount of Guest fees collected are that those collected do not reconcile with the members online booking records. Members are advised that unless the guest fees received tally with their bookings then the club will pursue them for the fees and persistent offenders will be excluded without referral.
Please remember that the annual membership cost is fully inclusive of court booking fees, lights and heating. You will, I trust, find that this cost represents excellent value.
The Club operates a Members Service listing and I would like to encourage all members to promote their services through this Club Business Directory – hopefully this will continue to be a beneficial arrangement for all concerned. You may find it more rewarding to sponsor or partner the club.
We have 4 teams in the North West Squash League this season and this offers squash for a range of abilities for members who take their squash slightly more seriously. Nigel Utley would be delighted to hear from anybody who would like to play on a Thursday night or alternatively complete the Doodle on the website Teams Tab on the Squash Club Website.
Fees are due on 1st October so please Submit your online form or return your printed forms promptly to the club (marked for the attention of Tony Hindley). Access to booking courts and Players profiles and statistics etc are controlled by the computer so no pay no play. Furthermore, please be aware that members not renewing punctually will be considered as having resigned and any subsequent application to join will incur a joining fee of £25.00.
We very much look forward to receiving your completed application form and welcoming you to the club again for what we hope will be an excellent and exciting year.